Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fears About Diamond Engagement Rings

I'm not a very girly lady. I love to work with my hands and my dream job involves being in a lab somewhere, dissecting things and pouring acids, then getting on a boat and heading to do research on the open sea. I spend a lot of time at tidal pools, at lab benches and at the hardware store. I am deathly afraid of jewelry of any kind. A shop buddy of mine never wears her gorgeous diamond engagement ring because she is afraid that she is going to knock the diamond out of the setting and lose it in sawdust that will get swept out.




Is it just us? Do any of you ring-wearing types have these fears? I know low-profile settings are common with folks who lead active lives, but I can't imagine wearing my wedding ring to work. It's not even a fear of getting robbed. It's a fear of dropping it into the sea, never to be seen again. Eternity rings are becoming very popular in general and I've seen them a lot around the labs. They're diamond engagement rings that have small diamonds embedded all the way around the band. They certainly look more comfortable.

What's your biggest fear about your engagement ring? Dropping it down a sewer grate? Having your finger bitten off by a shark? I'm decently sure I would take apart my garbage disposal to get my hypothetical future ring, but how far would you go to get your ring back?

No comments:

Post a Comment