Saturday, June 29, 2013

Personality Sparkles in Engagement Rings



Engagement Rings should reflect the personality of the lovers they represent, right?  Maybe not.  Let me start at the beginning:  At the risk of alienating some of you, I’m going to tell you a little something about myself. I’m a pretty non-traditional guy. I’ve lived in more cities than most people visit in a lifetime, I’ve done some things just for the experience and the ability to say that I’ve done them, and when it comes to your personal lifestyle choices, I’m pretty much a “live and let live” type of guy, as in if you don’t tell me how to live my life, I’m not going to worry about how you live yours. That is why it comes as quite a shock to most of my friends that,when it comes to engagement rings, I’m a pretty traditional guy.

Now don’t get me wrong on this. I spend a lot of time (and I mean a LOT of time) dealing with professional jewelers all across the country. I see some of the exciting new designs that have come out in the last few years. There is some pretty amazing stuff. I’m just as impressed with how affordable a lot of these new rings are. People have a misconception, one I am always trying to dissuade them of, that to be fine jewelry you have to be expensive jewelry. Yes, there is jewelry out there that if you wanted to spend a fortune on you could, but there is also such a wide selection of affordable jewelry. These are some of the finest designs in the world. Professional jewelers now have it easier than ever to create and design unique pieces, at a fraction of what it used to cost.

Some people take advantage of that opportunity to come up with really daring designs that speak to the heart of who they are as individuals and as a couple. When you think about it, why should your engagement ring be no different than a house you design for yourself? It should reflect who you are, which for me reflects my dichotomy: non-traditional guy, very traditional ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment